In our continued quest to provide you with valuable insights into MLB betting trends, let’s turn our attention to two more exciting matchups: the Houston Astros vs. the Texas Rangers and the Philadelphia Phillies vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks. We’ll break down the odds, starting pitchers, and key trends for both games to help you make informed betting decisions.
All odds via our partner site, Oddsjam!
Let’s dive right in.
Astros vs. Rangers Odds & Moneyline
|Astros||Rangers||-1.5||HOU: (-130)||8.5 Over: (-105)|
|Rangers||Astros||+1.5||TEX: (+110)||8.5 Under: (-115)|
Probable Starting Pitchers
- Framber Valdez (Astros): 12-11, 3.45 ERA
- Nathan Eovaldi (Rangers): 12-5, 3.63 ERA
In this pitching duel, Framber Valdez (Astros) faces off against Nathan Eovaldi (Rangers). Valdez has posted a 12-11 record with a 3.45 ERA, and his team has covered the spread in 14 out of 32 games he started this season. When Valdez starts and his team is the moneyline favorite, they’ve won 14 out of 29 games.
Eovaldi, on the other hand, boasts a 12-5 record with a 3.63 ERA. The Rangers have gone 16-10 against the spread in Eovaldi’s 26 starts with a set spread. When Eovaldi starts and the Rangers are the moneyline underdog, they’ve won 5 out of 9 games.
Astros vs. Rangers Betting Trends
Let’s take a closer look at the betting trends for both teams:
- The Astros have clinched victory in 61 out of 114 games when chosen as favorites this season, a 53.5% win rate.
- When listed as at least -130 on the moneyline, the Astros have won 50 out of 94 games this year.
- They’ve gone over the total in 86 out of 166 games with lines set by sportsbooks.
- Regarding covering the spread, the Astros hold an 84-82-0 record in 166 games this season.
- The Rangers have secured 27 wins in 53 games when listed as the moneyline underdog, winning 50.9% of those contests.
- When playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +110 or longer, Texas has a 14-16 record (46.7% win rate).
- Over/under bets have favored the Rangers, going over the total in 87 out of 169 games.
- The Rangers have covered the spread 55.6% of the time this season, going 94-75-0 against the spread.
Phillies vs. Diamondbacks Odds & Moneyline
|Phillies||Diamondbacks||-1.5||PHI: (-162)||7.5 Over: (-102)|
|Diamondbacks||Phillies||+1.5||ARI: (+136)||7.5 Under: (-120)|
Probable Starting Pitchers
- Zack Wheeler (Phillies): 13-6, 3.61 ERA
- Zac Gallen (Diamondbacks): 17-9, 3.47 ERA
In this pitching showdown, Zack Wheeler (Phillies) takes the mound against Zac Gallen (Diamondbacks). Wheeler has posted a 13-6 record with a 3.61 ERA this season. His team has covered the spread in 15 out of 33 games he started. When Wheeler starts and his team is the moneyline favorite, they’ve won 16 out of 28 games.
Gallen has had an impressive season with a 17-9 record and a 3.47 ERA. The Diamondbacks have gone 20-16 against the spread in his 36 starts with a set spread. When the Diamondbacks are the moneyline underdog in Gallen’s starts, they’ve won 6 out of 11 games.
Phillies vs. Diamondbacks Betting Trends
Here are the key betting trends for both teams:
- The Phillies have emerged victorious in 67 out of 108 games when listed as favorites this season.
- When oddsmakers favor them by -162 or more on the moneyline, the Phillies have a solid 29-18 record.
- Their games have gone over the total in 76 out of 167 opportunities.
- In terms of covering the spread, the Phillies hold an 80-87-0 record in 167 games this season.
- The Diamondbacks have secured 45 wins in 87 games when listed as the moneyline underdog, winning 51.7% of those contests.
- When playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +136 or longer, Arizona has a 13-13 record (50% win rate).
- Over/under bets have favored the Diamondbacks, going over the total in 72 out of 166 games.
- The Diamondbacks have a strong 92-74-0 record against the spread this season, covering 55.4% of the time.