Looking to stay in the know about the latest MLB betting trends? You’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll break down the key stats and insights for the upcoming matchup between the Atlanta Braves and the Philadelphia Phillies. Whether you’re a seasoned sports bettor or just looking to get into the action, understanding the trends and odds can make a big difference.
All odds via our partner site, Oddsjam!
Let’s dive right in.
Braves vs. Phillies Odds & Moneyline
- Moneyline: ATL: (-154) | PHI: (+130)
- Spread: ATL: -1.5 (+112) | PHI: +1.5 (-134)
- Total: 8.5 — Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Probable Starting Pitchers
Let’s take a closer look at the probable starting pitchers for this game:
- Spencer Strider (Braves) – 20-5, 3.86 ERA
- Ranger Suarez (Phillies) – 4-6, 4.18 ERA
When Strider takes the mound, his team has been solid, with a 20-13-0 record against the spread this season. Moreover, when the Braves are the favorite on the moneyline with Strider pitching, they boast an impressive 25-7 record. On the Phillies’ side, they hold a 13-11-0 record against the spread in Suarez’s starts. Interestingly, the Phillies have a 5-3 record this season when they were the moneyline underdog in Suarez’s starts.
Braves vs. Phillies Betting Trends
Now, let’s delve into some betting trends that can help inform your wagers:
- The Braves have won 95 out of 146 games when they’ve been named odds-on favorites this year, which translates to a 65.1% win rate.
- When Atlanta is a favorite of at least -154 on the moneyline, they’ve secured victory 71 times in 101 opportunities.
- The Braves have leaned towards the over, hitting it in 90 of their 160 games with oddsmaker-set totals this season.
- In those 160 games with a line, the Braves have a respectable 86-74-0 record against the spread.
As for the Phillies:
- The Phillies are 23-30 in games where they were listed as the moneyline underdog, winning 43.4% of those matchups.
- When the Phillies are the moneyline underdog with odds of +130 or longer, they’ve struggled, going 3-11 (21.4%).
- Bookmakers have set the over/under for the Phillies in 166 games this season, and they’ve gone over the total in 76 of those contests (76-77-13).
- The Phillies have a 79-87-0 record against the spread this season.
Braves Player Leaders
Let’s shift our focus to the standout players on the Braves’ roster:
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with an OBP of .416 and an impressive slugging percentage of .596. His season batting average stands at .337, ranking him second among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Matt Olson boasts 172 hits, a .283 batting average, and 84 extra-base hits. His slugging percentage of .604 and on-base percentage of .389 are among the best in the league.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .280 with a .513 slugging percentage and 109 RBI this year. He’s been on fire with six consecutive games with at least one hit.
Phillies Player Leaders
Now, let’s take a look at the top performers for the Phillies:
- Kyle Schwarber is hitting .197 with 47 home runs and 126 walks. His slugging percentage of .474 and on-base percentage of .343 make him a player to watch.
- Trea Turner has a .459 slugging percentage and a batting average of .266. He’s a key contributor to the Phillies’ lineup.
- Alec Bohm maintains a .274 batting average with 31 doubles and 20 home runs.
- Bryce Harper leads the team with 134 hits and a .401 on-base percentage.
So, there you have it – a comprehensive breakdown of the Braves vs. Phillies matchup and the betting trends to consider for Week 6. As always, remember to bet responsibly and enjoy the excitement of sports betting. Good luck!
Disclaimer: Betting involves risk, and odds may change. Make sure to check the latest odds and gamble responsibly.