If you’re a baseball enthusiast and a betting aficionado, you’re in for a treat on October 10, 2023, with two exciting MLB matchups on the horizon. In this article, we’ll delve into the MLB betting trends for the day, focusing on the games between the Minnesota Twins and the Houston Astros, as well as the clash between the Texas Rangers and the Baltimore Orioles.
All odds provided by our partner site, Oddsjam!
Let’s dive right in!
Twins vs. Astros: Pitching Duel
The afternoon game showcases the Minnesota Twins taking on the Houston Astros. On the mound for the Twins is Sonny Gray, boasting an impressive 8-8 record and a stellar 2.79 ERA. Going toe-to-toe with him is Cristian Javier of the Astros, who holds a 10-5 record and a 4.56 ERA.
When it comes to Sonny Gray’s performance this season, his team has maintained a track record of 12-20-0 against the spread (ATS) in games he starts. Furthermore, the Twins have emerged victorious in 52.2% of games where Gray was the moneyline favorite, with a record of 12-11.
On the other side of the diamond, Cristian Javier has been a strong bet for the Astros, boasting a 19-11-0 ATS record in his 30 starts with a set spread. The Astros have particularly shone when they were the moneyline underdog in Javier’s starts this season, going 8-3.
Twins vs. Astros: Betting Trends
Let’s break down some key betting trends for the Twins and Astros:
- The Twins have won 60% of the 110 games in which they were favored this season.
- When listed as a favorite with odds of at least -138 on the moneyline, Minnesota has come away with a victory in 39 out of 71 chances.
- The Twins have leaned towards the over, with 80 out of 163 games going over the total set by sportsbooks.
- Against the spread, the Twins have a record of 79-84-0 in games with a posted line this season.
Turning our attention to the Astros:
- The Astros have secured a 57.5% win rate (23-17) when listed as the moneyline underdog.
- When playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +118 or longer, Houston has a balanced 5-5 record.
- In games where bookmakers set an over/under for the Astros, they’ve gone over the total 85 times out of 163 (85-73-5).
- The Astros have covered the spread in 50.3% of their games this season, amassing an 82-81-0 ATS record.
Rangers vs. Orioles: Battle of the Pitchers
The evening game features the Texas Rangers squaring off against the Baltimore Orioles. Nathan Eovaldi takes the mound for the Rangers, boasting a 12-5 record and a solid 3.63 ERA. Dean Kremer will be pitching for the Orioles, with a 13-5 record and a 4.12 ERA.
Nathan Eovaldi has been a dependable choice for bettors this season, with his team maintaining a 15-10-0 ATS record in games he starts. When Eovaldi starts and his team is the favorite on the moneyline, they’ve notched a remarkable 11-3 record.
Dean Kremer, on the other hand, has been a reliable option for the Orioles, with a 20-10-0 ATS record in games where he’s started. The Orioles have particularly thrived when they were the underdog on the moneyline in Kremer’s starts, posting a 12-4 record.
Rangers vs. Orioles: Betting Trends
Let’s dive into the betting trends for the Rangers and Orioles:
- The Rangers have emerged victorious in 62.6% of the 107 games in which they were favored this season.
- Texas has won 46 out of 74 games when listed as at least -138 on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have favored the over this season, with 87 out of 167 games going over the total.
- Against the spread, the Rangers have maintained a strong 92-75-0 record this season.
Turning our attention to the Orioles:
- The Orioles have been the moneyline underdog 75 times this season, emerging victorious in 43 of those games.
- When playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +118 or longer, Baltimore has an impressive 23-12 record.
- In games with a set over/under, the Orioles have gone over the total 78 times out of 158 (78-68-12).
- The Orioles have posted a 90-68-0 ATS record this season.
In conclusion, these MLB betting trends for October 10, 2023, provide valuable insights for those looking to make informed wagers. Whether you’re a Twins, Astros, Rangers, or Orioles fan, understanding these trends can help you make more calculated bets and enjoy the excitement of America’s pastime to the fullest.